Join the Fashion Express Learning online pattern making course for women’s clothing and learn from A to Z how to make women’s apparel, sewing patterns, make the right choice of fabrics and much more…
If you always wanted to make perfectly fitting women’s clothes, then this online training course is for you.
Learn pattern making, quickly and accurately with the Telestia & AB methodologies!
The pattern making course for women’s clothing is part of the Pattern making course Level 1&2, but can be studied independently.
The complete online course covers in depth all the areas of pattern making for women’s clothes in a unique way:
- It allows you to acquire the expertise of making personalized patterns and styles for all sizes and all types of figures.
- It helps you recognize, respect and cater for the female variety of shapes.
- You are provided with the tools and means to get quality results & professional skills, in pattern making for women.
- The lessons are clear simple and presented and illustrated using modern animations and media.
- You can work online and study at your own time, in your own space.
- You will get specialized tutor support from expert tutors.
- A large variety of designs and styles (in blouses, dresses, skirts, trousers, jackets & coats, lingerie) specially selected for training in all the required details, are analyzed to help you master the art of pattern making.
- By exploiting modern technology, 3D illustrations, videos and animations, we help you learn how to adapt basic patterns into styled garments in a manner that is speedy, simple and accurate.
- You will also learn about fabrics for pattern lay out and fabric length calculation. You will find out how to best lay your pattern pieces out, for cutting and construction and how to prepare and assemble your blocks into a complete garment.
- This online course, includes also self-assessment tests so you can check on your progress as you learn.
The pattern making course for women’s clothing (Level 1 &2) provides training in five areas:
- Body measurements, and sizing: Understanding body shapes and learning which blocks & styles enhance it. Understanding the difference between personal and market sizes.
- Drafting Blocks: Constructing basic pattern blocks for any personal size or shape and for standard industrial sizes.
- Style pattern adaptation: Developing your own designs on the correct block, and preparing them for assembly.
- Lay Planning & Fabric Cutting: Optimum lay planning of pattern pieces on fabric.
- Assembly: Practicing on basic sewing and garment assembly/makeup, with instructions in simple and easy to understand rich animations.
The pattern making system has been available for over 45 years and has been tested and used by thousands all over the world. It has been updated and reengineered to current learning needs, through a unique multi awarded training methodology.
This course comprises of the following modules:
- BASIC BLOCKS ( WITH BODY SHAPE CONSIDERATION (15)
- THEORY ON SIZING AND FIT ISSUES
- TECHNICAL DRAWINGS OF STYLES (37)
- STYLES (60)
- STYLE VARIATIONS (39)
- ADAPTATION FOR PERSONAL MEASUREMENTS
- USE OF FABRIC
- LAY PLANNING
- SEWING AND ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
- SELF-ASSESSMENT TESTS
This online course on pattern making for women’s clothing (Level 1 &2) can even be broken down further into smaller sub-sections:
You will receive
When you register for the online pattern making course for women’s clothing you will be given access to the Online Learning Space where you will see and study your lessons, you will also receive by post the pattern making AB template. An Online Tutor will be assigned to you to help you with your learning process. The course is generally hands-on and as you progress you can send your work (through the Online Learning Space) to your Tutor, who will monitor your progress and provide you with feedback on your work.
The courses are organized in Learning Packages that show you what to expect from each learning batch that you will study.
We recommend to complement the Pattern Making courses with the Optional Tools that come as an extra to the course.
OPTIONAL MATERIAL: In addition to your online registration, you can continue to have access to your lessons even after the official duration of your online access. Order the online courses at a minimum price for all online students, and get limitless access to your lessons. You can do that either when you register, or at any time during your studies.