If you always wanted to make perfectly fitting women’s clothes, then this online course is for you.
Learn pattern making for beginners through Fashion Express Learning College, with the Telestia & AB methodologies!
The pattern making system has been available for over 45 years and has been tested and used by thousands all over the world.
Join this beginner’s Womenswear Course and learn the basics of making patterns for women’s clothes.
The basic Womenswear pattern making Course Level 1 is part of the Womenswear full course (Level 1&2) but can also be studied independently.
This basic Womenswear course covers a detailed introduction of all the areas of pattern construction in a unique way.
- You will get patented tools and media to achieve high quality training in pattern making.
- You will learn how to make personal patterns and styles and understand the shape of the female body.
- You will study large variety of designs and styles i.e. blouses, dresses, skirts, trousers, jackets & coats and lingerie, that are especially selected for training and analyzed to help you master the art of pattern making.
- The lessons are clear and simple to understand.
- You have the flexibility to study online and work at your own time.
- You will get online tutor support
The basic online women’s course allows you to learn how to make good fitting basic blocks and adapt them into styled garments.
You will also study pattern layout to cut the fabric and the garment assembly process to put the garment together. The course includes self-assessment tests to allow you to check on your progress as you learn.
This course comprises of the following modules:
- BASIC BLOCKS (12)
- THEORY ON SIZING AND FIT ISSUES
- TECHNICAL DRAWINGS OF STYLES (17)
- STYLES (26)
- STYLE VARIATIONS (6)
- ADAPTATION FOR PERSONAL MEASUREMENTS
- USE OF FABRIC
- LAY PLANNING
- SEWING AND ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
- SELF-ASSESSMENT TESTS
The Fashion Express Learning online courses are perfect for those who need flexibility of time and location.
You will receive
When you register for the online basic course pattern making for women’s clothing you will be given access to the Online Learning Space where you will see and study your lessons, you will also receive by post the pattern making AB template. An Online Tutor will be assigned to you to help you with your learning process. The course is generally hands-on and as you progress you can send your work (through the Online Learning Space) to your Tutor, who will monitor your progress and provide you with feedback on your work.
The courses are organized in Learning Packages that show you what to expect from each learning batch that you will study.
We recommend to complement the Pattern Making courses with the Optional Tools that come as an extra to the course.
OPTIONAL MATERIAL: In addition to your online registration, you can continue to have access to your lessons even after the official duration of your online access. Order the online courses in CD format, at a minimum price for all online students, and get limitless access to your lessons. You can do that either when you register, or at any time during your studies.