The online course Fashion Design Technical is the first part of learning how to draw for Fashion Design.
You will study and understand how to draw and communicate the basic technical details of a fashion design using the correct principles and figure proportions.
The aim of the course is to learn how to create technically correct drawings so that you can use fashion design as a communication tool to convey your creative ideas as a designer to other parties i.e. clients or sections in the fashion industry.
Learn Fashion Design from the beginning through the Fashion Express Learning College, with the Telestia & AB methodologies that are simple and easy to grasp, with the use of modern media and technologies.
Fashion Design Technical is part of the Fashion Design Full Course, but can be studied independently.
In the Fashion Design Technical course, you will:
- Study how to draw the basic figure proportionally for men, women and children.
- Learn how to draft figure poses and movement and you will practice on designing a great library of garment parts.
- Work on exercises with design technical features and details for drawing pleats, seams, decorative details etc.
- Learn technical drawing theory and how to use your fashion design drawing to translate the correct proportionate details of a garment from a dressed figure drawing and/or a flat pattern block.
- Be able to communicate and read 3D ideas into 2D scetches and specs, and vice-versa.
In more detail, this online course on fashion design technical drawing includes the following modules:
- Figure construction (12 figures for basic proportionate figure construction)
- Poses (35 examples of figure movement).
- Drawing of the following garment parts:
- 28 skirts
- 13 trousers
- 60 sleeves
- 25 necklines
- 69 collars
- 28 openings and fastenings
- 27 bodices and jackets
- 9 coats
- 32 belts
- 24 cuffs
- 40 pockets
- 39 details of Menswear
- 10 seams and pleats
- 12 decorative designs
- 8 frills
- 8 bows
- Theory and application of 7 technical drawing examples
You will receive
When you register for the online fashion design technical course you will be given access to the Online Learning Space where you will see and study your lessons, you will also receive by post the fashion design AB template. An Online Tutor will be assigned to you to help you with your learning process. The course is generally hands-on and as you progress you can send your work (through the Online Learning Space) to your Tutor, who will monitor your progress and provide you with feedback on your work.
The courses are organized in Learning Packages that show you what to expect from each learning batch that you will study.
The course is suitable for individuals wishing to develop these skills for a career in fashion, either as designers or as clothing technologists, or pattern makers, buyers, or merchandisres. They will learn a language for communication for all levels of Fashion Creation and realisation.